The Magic of CRMs

One of the handiest tools that you need to successfully run a business is a great CRM. CRM stands for Client Relationship Management. Think of it as a decked out phone book at its very bare-bones usability. Hubspot, as well as many other CRMs, have scores of amazing tools that will be a great benefit to you and your business. So let’s talk a bit about CRMs and Hubspot and why it is needed for a smooth process.

Get a CRM ASAP, OK?

When building your brand for a company that provides either goods or services, one of the most important things you should be doing is building an internal database. This is used to track consumer insights and help you plan out your business and marketing strategies down the road. 

CRM can also be seen as a Constituent Relationship Management tool. You don’t just want to handle your customers and immediate leads. You also want to track and pay attention to buddies, complementary businesses, and nurture leads. All of these groups will lead to new business, brand awareness, and, if done right, overall success in the business

CRMs can be used to manage your external relationship outside of the organization. Having a clear dashboard of your partners and buddies, showing what level of involvement you are at, can help you to leverage those connections in the outside world through a few different ways:

  • Partner post sharing
  • Events collaboration
  • Referrals

All of these are important in building your brand awareness, and ultimately gaining leads.

CRMs Sales and Marketing Applications

You can also use your Hubspot to standardize your sales and marketing process. The interface organizes all of your deals into a pipeline board. With nice colour coordination, you can calmly see where all of your deals are sitting. It has many integrations so you can have it set that as soon as a client signs off on a proposal, the board is immediately updated. Giving you real-time visuals of how your sales are doing.

On the marketing side, if you keep your contact list nice and clean with your customized fields, you can use this to a major marketing advantage. You can make a few filtered lists to keep an eye on your cleanliness in case of campaigns, and you can set up email templates. These may all seem like small things. But if you don’t have a standardized and easily accessed process, it can take up a lot of time from your day.

Nearly two-thirds (64.8%) of reps’ time, on average, is spent in non-revenue-generating activities, leaving only 35.2% for functions related to selling.

Forbes

Get Rid of Those Headaches

One of the biggest pains is filtering through email accounts. Trying to see who was last in contact with a client, when it was, and what was said. Hupspot, as well as other CRMs, have a great feature where you can integrate your email. Any time you send an email to one of the clients from your database, it tracks them all in their profile. You get a chronological overview of all communications. 

You can also set customized lead status labels to your people, it doesn’t have to be as clear cut as Lead to Client. Add it pre-leads, nurture leads, past clients, disqualified for different reasons. Whatever makes the most sense for your workflow.

All of this is just scratching the surface of what a CRM can do for your business, but this also highlights a lot of our favourite components of Hubspot in particular. As a small business, a startup, or even a well-established company; we can’t stress enough how integral a CRM is to an efficient and effective back office.

Get access to our hottest business-scaling tips, tools and resources.

You’ll learn HR, Finance/Accounting and Systems secrets from a team that has helped hundreds of companies grow up.