Best After Work Watering Holes in Your Area to De-Stress Your Day
Hopefully you’re at the point in your life where you spring out of bed, eager to get into your workplace because you love it! Even if you’re still on your way to that path, we believe that you’ll get there. Whether you’re at your pinnacle, or still climbing, one thing is usually pretty unanimous – your favourite drink tastes especially delicious after a well-spent day at work. This is why we’ve put together a quick and easy guide to some of the top watering holes in your area you should visit to unwind after your day at work – you’ve earned it!
We would like to express that this list does not include all of our favourites, but; so many locations – so little time!
(images shown are not product shots)
- Lou’s Grill: Enjoy the option of a smoking or non-smoking patio as you sip on one of their many delicious cocktails. This gem is a staple for any Abbotsfordian looking to sit back and relax.
- Nine Kitchen and Lounge: A new addition to Abbotsford’s downtown area, this establishment serves up some of the best classic cocktails, as well as some of their own creations!
- Beer options: If you’re craving a pint, Abbotsford is well known for its craft breweries! With options like Field House Brewing Co., Raven’s Brewing, Old Abbey Ales, and Loudmouth Co., you’re sure to find that perfect pint to pervade your pep palate (yes, we did have fun with that sentence).
- Twisted Taphouse and Kitchen: Get your draft fix here! With 18 different options, and 10 rotating taps, there’s constantly something to bring you back!
- Old Admiral Pub: Nestled in Burnaby Heights, this local favourite is welcoming to regulars and new people alike!
- Hop & Vine Taphouse: Find all of your old favourites, plus some new twists on the classics!
- The Jolly Miller: Jolly times to be had at the Jolly Miller. They are open late and provide local live musicians for your mealtime or drinking entertainment for the residents near Promontory.
- Bravo Restaurant & Lounge: Looking for some high-end dining? Bravo is compared to the top chain restaurants, with friendly staff and reasonable prices.
- Friendly Mike’s Pub: Friendly doesn’t begin to cover it! Experience great staff and great food at this neighbourhood establishment. They offer bar games, karaoke nights, and a convenient liquor store attached.
- Frog & Nightgown Pub: Experience the atmosphere and quality of a British pub without buying a plane ticket!
- Roo’s Public House: Open since 1977, they offer a mix of classic and specialty food and drinks to keep you salivating for hours.
- Orrange Kitchen + Bar: Get the perfect combination of unique drinks and great prices!
- Delta Lion Pub: Relax on the stunning patio while sipping cocktails in the sunshine.
- Tidewaters Pub: Feel at home with their classic drinks menu and hip atmosphere.
- Sharkey’s Seafood Bar & Grille: Nestled right along the river in Ladner, Sharkey’s offers great drinks and friendly staff to keep you coming back!
- Gabby’s Country Cabaret: Evenings allow a rustic bar feeling and great drinks, stay through on weekend evenings for a great dance scene!
- Artful Dodger Pub and Liquor Store: Excellent drinks, great food, and best of all, a free shuttle home! Relax as much as you want and still get home safe!
- The Clayton Pub: Nothing is more comforting than pub food, right? Enjoy all of your favourites in a cozy tavern, paired with every delicious staple pub food you could ever want!
- Billy Miner Pub: This establishment is a classic snug with great drinks, and if you aren’t a drinker, they’ve got a great cafe attached!
- Maple Meadows Brewing Co.: Opened a couple of years ago, one of the coolest factors about this brewery is the extensive list of amazing beers that are waiting for tap space – they’re just waiting to be tasted!
- Ridge Brewing Company: The Ridge offers daily tastings, frequent new additions, and most importantly… great beer!
- Sisto’s Pub: This little pub packs a lot of entertainment; nice patio, karaoke, and pool! Not to mention great drinks.
- Mission Springs Brewing Company: With a great mix of core beers and seasonal favourites, there’s plenty to drink and a massive menu to go with it!
- 14th Avenue Pub: Best known as the quaint pub in the 14th ave area, loved by the locals and always offering great specials.
- The Terminal Pub: Fresh food, cold drinks, jenga? Sounds like you’re set for the night here!
- Paddlewheeler Pub: Take a stroll along the river, then duck in to the Paddlewheeler Pub for drinks and a stunning view of the Fraser.
- Judge Begbie’s Tavern: Who doesn’t love a tavern? Sip a cold beer on a warm patio right near the shore of the Fraser River.
- Queens Cross Pub: The Queens Cross entices you with a food and drink pairing special, making sure you’ve got a reason to go in every day of the week!
- The Gull Bar and Kitchen: Looking for some finesse? Take a tour through their wine list, be daring and try a new cocktail, or satisfy your craving with a local beer!
- Sailor Hagar’s Brew Pub: 18 beers, sports tvs, great staff… what else do you need?
- The Gillnetter Pub: Nestled right on the river, they offer a fish-centered menu, and refreshing drinks to go along with it.
- Foamers’ Folly Brewing Co.: One of the best craft breweries in the lower mainland, experience all of their brews in their tasting room, or take home a growler.
- Jimy Mac’s Pub: One of the best sports bars in the area, Jimy Mac’s offers great drinks and full coverage of all ongoing sports!
- St James Well Pub: Ever been to a British pub? You’ll feel like you have when you come into the St James Well! Enjoy drafts and classic pub food.
- Yellow Dog Brewing Co: Port Moody’s first craft brewery! Stop in for their well-known brews then admire the water from Rocky Point park.
- Twin Sails Brewing: Definitely best for the beer and cider lovers, their extensive list is perfect for all palates, or for beginners just getting into drafts!v
- Pioneer’s Pub: Boasting the freshest beers in town for 40 years, they have great reviews of a friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere.
- O’Hare’s GastroPub: Around since 1987, they have a great menu of G&Ts, great events, and an adjoining store for the nights you want stay in.
- TugBoat Annie’s Pub & Grille: The name doesn’t do this gorgeous venue justice! Experience comfort in the setting of fine dining.
- Green Timbers Pub: A classic pub featuring your favourite drafts, classic cocktails, and former wrestler, Scotty Mac.
- Donegal’s Irish House / Donegal’s Pub: One of the best features at this pub is there set Gluten Free food and drink menu! We love inclusivity!
- Baselines Pub: No matter your drink of choice, they have it! Known for being wonderfully unfussy, you can sit back and relax.
- Prohibition: Reasonable prices, classic speakeasy feeling, and a great location in Gastown. Go back to the 20’s when you just really need to get away!
- Guilt & Co: Give in to your guilty pleasures while listening to live music. Their hip, broody space gives off a great atmosphere to send an evening in.
- Six Acres: Relax gastropub style with fun cocktails, and unique nibbles!
- The Troller Ale House: Not just ales here! They have intriguing spins on classics that will require a few trips to try them all.
- Squarerigger Pub: Great for classic sips, and for delving into malts and other fine drinks.
- The Village Taphouse: Hip open drinking and dining experience, a seemingly endless drink menu and awesome entertainment!
- Charlie Don’t Surf: Enjoy a beautiful sunset while eating and drinking to your heart’s content!
- 3 Dogs Brewing: Enjoy all of their delicious brews, and take home a growler! Also, be sure to check out their adorable merchandise.
- White Rock Beach Beer Company: Beers lovers only! They’ve got more taps than you can shake a stick at, and you can try them all!